This is not the way things work,
suddenly I'm supposed to love a jerk...
Once, you were one of my folks,
the one who laughed loudest at my jokes.
My strong man and never less,
you ran to rescue the damsel in distress.
Showed interest in my beliefs,
were there through pain and grief.
Set up for discussion those funny things,
covered all the missing links.
Yes, you were always there,
with time to spare.
And now you tell me this wasn't you
and that having believed you made me a fool.
That you acted just to be loved,
but as soon as I had gained your trust,
you showed that underneath your roles,
you're a careless person from head to soles.
No sign you'd ever think of me.
How can life with such a guy be?
I fell for the man that I knew,
that image you so skillfully painted of you.
And now you expect me to suddenly love,
a person I never met or heard of???
This is not the way things work.
I won't let myself get hurt
by a person who never realised there,
that to be cared for, you first have to care!
-Ich-
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen