Montag, 4. Februar 2013

Long ago and yet so close


So many years since my world was trembling,
so many years since that terrible dream.
On that day my youth was crumbling
and nothing was ever as it seemed.

I tried to run but my feet were frozen
I tried to scream but there was no sound.
Now in my head there are voices screaming:
"Girl you should know better by now!"

But not knowing what had hit me then,
not able to turn to anyone,
I faced that man again and again,
in any given shape or form.

I screamed and cried for someone to save me,
but how do you save someone from themselves?
All those years my wishes have been
drowning in the wishing well.

It was long ago and  far away,
but over again he'd rise
from the midst of yesterday
to hit me by surprise.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen