Montag, 20. Mai 2013

Life of a caterpillar

It's been hard work spinning me in,
been such a long time since I did begin.
So many long years in strife and pain,
already doubting there'd be any gain.

Though hiding scared in my healing cocoon,
yet I never stopped dreaming of the moon.
'Cause it was her voice that I've always heard
leading me through all the hurt.

And now there it was, another voice,
ringing clearly above the word's noise.
The sun sang its wonderful melody,
telling tales of things to be.

Enticing me, asking me why
I never saw moon AND sun in the sky.
It kindled the sudden and overwhelming need
to follow them both and made me complete.

'Cause without the one, the other can't be,
that's why I lived with only one half of me.
Filled with the sun's fire and the calm of the  moon,
I finally stepped out of my cocoon.

And here I am, fluttering all shy,
sitting on the branches, too scared yet to fly.
I still have to get used to those frail wings,
gain trust that they'll carry me above all things.

But the longer the hot sun burns on my skin,
making all my colours glow bright from within,
the more I steadily recognize,
that my place has always been here, right in the skies!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen